African Community Kalamazoo is a non-profit and a non-political affiliated organization which started as an idea in 2017 but was officially registered in 2019 with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
The organization was formed to cater to the needs of all Africans, African refugees in Kalamazoo County, Michigan and by extension, the United States. Also, we promote the unity of Africans, and support the development of our host community.
We are making sure that no family go to bed hungry. We also assist in translation and interpretation of languages for non-English speaking African immigrants and refugees. We run our organization on donations and support from individuals, group of individuals and charitable organizations.
• Promote African unity in the United States.
• Integrate Africans immigrants into the American system without losing their own culture.
• Showcase African cultures and values in the American community.
• Equip Africans in America with tools to succeed in their various spheres of influence.
• Be in solidarity with one another in other to impact our lives and our host community and America positively.
• Serve as bridge of languages translation and interpretation for new immigrants whose primary language is not English.
is to promote unity through, cultural integration, community service, and social interaction.
is to create an enabling environment where everyone (African immigrants and host community) can thrive.
African Community Kalamazoo.
We are proud to serve our Kalamazoo residents in our own little capacity. Reach out to us and we will be glad to help.
The African Community Kalamazoo International Student Services opens opportunities for African students who wants to study in the USA, especially in Michigan.
We helps low income families by distributing quality name brands, excellent food varieties.
@ ACK, we strive to be of service to our community.
If you live in, or near Kalamazoo and you were born in Africa, or if you are related to an African immigrant or if you simply enjoy discovering new cultures and are eager to help newcomers to integrate harmoniously to our community. Join our group!